Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Dec 14, 2012
This Fire Safety demonstration shows the dangers of fire at Christmas time, using a new portable fire demonstration unit, developed by Carlow Fire & Rescue Service, which will shows the speed and ferocity at which a room containing a Christmas tree can become engulfed in flame and smoke.
Christmas is a time when extra fire hazards are introduced into the home and people relax and can sometimes become complacent about fire safety. A few simple and sensible precautions can help prevent the utter devastation caused to people and property by fire and make the Christmas period safer. Some of the main causes of fire in the home at this time of year are candles left unattended and Christmas tree lights left on for long periods, very often overnight.
Christmas lights should comply with safety standards. Families should ensure Christmas lights are turned off at night by removing the plug from the socket. Households should not leave candles unattended and electrical sockets should not be overloaded.