Galera is synchronous multi-master replication method, using certification based technology for conflict resolution. This replication method brings nice features like: * High Availability Transaction commit will be synchronously enforced in every server in the cluster. This gives no commit lost guarantee for the cluster. * Performance Galera replicates RBR (row based replication) events and this has proven out to be very efficient. Galera can scale even with SQL work load which is 100% writes. * Transparency Clients connect directly to one of the MySQL/InnoDB servers in the cluster and experience close to native InnoDB behavior.
Codership has integrated Galera replication in the InnoDB storage engine, and the resulting MySQL/Galera cluster product has been published as a production-ready GA release in December 2009. MySQL/Galera release 0.7 is open source and is available in Codership and launchpad sites.
The presentation will give on overview of Galera replication and show how Galera can be taken in production and managed. Presentation has following agenda: 1. Galera Replication Overview * Galera cluster architecture, Replication API * What type of work load Galera replication is good for * How DDL replication works
2. Replication use cases * Possible replication topologies * Galera in cloud * WAN replication with Galera
3. Client connectivity * Options for connecting to Galera cluster * Load balancer options * Transparency walk through differences with native MySQL
4. Management * Installing Galera cluster * Options for managing and monitoring Galera cluster * Galera statistics explained
5. Benchmark results * Our experiments with Galera cluster * Some results from: sysbench, DBT2 and 100% insert tests
6. Project status and road map * Status of current release * Feedback from the community * Road map