Uploaded on Sep 22, 2010
We're into the double digits among the WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase now. #11 is fast approaching too.
This batch is...eccentric, to say the least. But I'm sure people are proud to have their microgames displayed up there.
1. "WarioWareInc" from Cameron: Well, after this long, we get a work of metafiction: A WarioWare microgame about WarioWare. I examined this one; it seems to work fine based on the programming, but the game just can't keep up too well. 8-bit Wario must jump three times to clear the game, but sometimes, the game doesn't register it happening for some reason.
2. "Last Parade" from Jumpman: You need to brake your float so that you don't crash into the rest of the parade. Real parade exhibits are not this close together, of course, and the float drivers are given warnings to stop if something happens.
3. "PKMN Battle" from Brandon: Not quite 1-to-1 faithful, so it's not the sort of thing that would fit with my Pokémedley. But it's still pretty fun to look at.
4. "Seconds" from Trevor: I thought I was supposed to start the stopwatch first, which made me fail the microgame immediately. Nothing one can do about it though.
5. "English NOO" from Dog0Life: This one can throw me off at times because I'm supposed to pick the wrong answers. Stick this one in a bunch of quiz-like microgames to REALLY throw people off.
6. "Dodgeball" from Jprogram: Can be pretty difficult due to the little guy's movements. Those are a lot of dodgeballs!
7. "Jump N'Cool" from Trevor: Pick the swimming pool the man wants to jump into. The programming for the guy's dive is pretty weird-looking.
8. "MARIOBROS2" from TOONLINK: You don't need to type in all caps, you know. The lower-case keyboard is right there!
9. "World Cup" from 3oh!3: Watch for Records #8 coming soon--I take the music in this microgame and extend it to a full song.
10. "MEGA MAN" from TOONLINK: Mega Man can't jump, by the way.
11. "Which Flag?" from Trevor: I thought you were supposed to either salute or not salute. Turns out you can change the flag.
12. "Handy Catch" from Jay: Pretty simple, no? Well, the bird is weird anyway.
13. "HEEEEELLLP" from XOSWAPTY: Yes, clicking on anything will suck that thing into a weird vortex of doom.
14. "Catch It!" from Brandon: Random background, but otherwise a pretty nice microgame that gives a challenge...but it can be unmanageable in later speeds.
15. "Which is it?" from Trevor: The words often overlap and make it hard to tell apart.
16. "The Geko 4" from Callum: This can be a problem in later difficulties because you're given a hurdle almost immediately--especially in the mixer, when you're not really waiting for it.
17. "LINK'S PAIN" from WARIO: Okay...
18. "Agilities" from 3oh!3: This is all sorts of problemation, as you can see. It's hard to tap the dots even on the DS because they move so fast.
Standard YouTube License