Okay -- let's put this out in the clear where everyone can read it.
First of all, everyone needs to understand the purpose of this video. It was never intended to end up on the internet, it's was shot for a school project with the purpose of selling a product of our choice. It does in no way reflect on our views of Asian culture or people of Asian descent. It's an informative video clip talking about our (fictional) product and the service it provides. That's it -- no hidden messages, values or agendas. Granted, we also intended to make fun of all the so-called "hop & chop" movies, as well as the style that advertisers use today -- but that's about it.
If you want to call us racist then do so but rest assured that we don't care. Of course it's unfortunate that people were offended by the comment about the Ninja being " an exquisite exotic full-breed Asian accessory", but we thought that the sarcasm in that comment would be evident as the clip also implies that the Ninjas are both washable and suited for microwaves. We think that saying that we "hate Asians" is taking taken out of thin air; that's like saying that we believe that every Asian person on earth is a trained Ninja. We never once express any feelings towards the Asian ethnicity; neither good or bad (for those who are curious; we have nothing good nor bad to say either).
Again, it's very unfortunate that people have been offended by this (we also understand that the feminists are outraged because the scared person in the beginning of the video is a woman), the whole point of the clip was just to urge people to Hire a Ninja! So, if you are angry at us because you think we: are racist/hate Asians/depict women badly, then feel free. We're not going to defend ourselves further, we just wanted to put our 2 cents in.
This was a school project where we were supposed to sell a product. Of course, we realized that a ninja was the one product that EVERYONE needed.
- I'm sorry, but I, the narrator, happen to be a 17 year old girl, hence me lacking that sultry man-sex voice. And yes, hithisisBYARD, I am a total PUSSY, but I don't cry about it. The only thing that makes me cry is when people accuse me of liking Naruto. I mean, come on? That's below the belt! The voiceover was also recorded with the very same mic I use when I play Counter-Strike. That kinda just says it all, doesn't it?
- Actually, we have heard about EMC. If I was a guy I'd probably jerk off to movie clips of them because they are fucking awesome, but I'm a girl so I'll just clap my hands instead. Clap. Clap.
- OKAY, WE KNOW THE SONG IS CHINESE. It's called Wo Xiang Ni De Kuai Le Shi Yin Wei Wo, by a band called RockBang. The only reason we used it in the clip was because it was corny (just like the clip), and when it's 4 in the morning the day before you're supposed to hand the shit in to your teacher you don't really care about what language the song is sung in. Most people in our class think that Korea is a part of China anyway, we didn't expect anyone to point it out. But then we put it up on the OMG INTARWEBZ!!!!1 and all hell broke loose. Our bad.
(By the way, the song is featured in the Taiwanese movie Shi qi sui de tian kong. Check it out!)
- Yes, Ericthebest, the ninja does have a t-shirt on its head. By the way, what are you best at? Pointing out the obvious?
- youuuu, I don't need a new microwave. This is Sweden, a better one will make my igloo melt :(
- cjwiretap, I'm sorry for "hating on your culture". I mean, really. We hate it enough to insult it by calling it exotic and interesting.. that's just way below the belt. And yes, everyone hates Sweden. We think we're so badass with our penguins and polar bears.. and asia haters. See, I make fun of my own country! I'm just a walking
blasphemy, aren't I?
NOW, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND IRONY I WILL USE CAPS LOCK TO EXPLAIN THAT WE ARE NOT RACIST. WE BOTH HAVE A HUGE INTEREST IN ASIAN CULTURE, WE FIND IT FASCINATING. THIS, ON THE OTHER HAND, DOES NOT STOP OF FROM MAKING FUN OF IT. THAT'S JUST WHO WE ARE AND TO TELL THE GOD'S HONEST TRUTH, SOMETIMES WE EVEN LAUGH AT WHEELCHAIRS.