1. What materials do you use for your drawings? I use Copic Ciao markers and Touch Twin Markers, Quill Multiboard white paper, 2B and HB Pentel and Faber-Castell 0.5 mechanical pencils and Faber-Castell PVC-Free Space Eraser (Cool name) and I use Uni-ball Signo white fineliner
2. Did you go to any art school or academy? No. I am taking Studio Arts in senior high school right now. It's not from that class that I learned what I know. I am learning new things from the class, but so far, not to do with fashion illustration or manga drawings. I go to a regular high school, so it doesn't specialize in art.
3. How do you draw the models? Do you use any templates? I started out by tracing models from magazines which is harder than it sounds, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy. Then of course, I searched all types of videos on YouTube and some sites as well on Google, which unfortunately, I don't remember.
4. How old are you? I am now 18 years old
5. How long have you been drawing? I'm pretty sure I started drawing at 6. That's probably my oldest memory of me drawing. I got into manga drawings when I was 11 years old, I started teaching myself how to draw manga when I was 13 years old. I started developing an interest in fashion design also when I was 11, but I pursued that interest or taken it further at the age of 14. So, I would say I started drawing fashion illustration at the age of 14.
6. Where do you get your inspiration? I get my inspiration from music, photos on Instagram, fashion trends, things that I love. There are times where I am just in an Artist's Block and I feel really brain dead where I can't draw. Or I force myself to draw and it never turns out to be something I like. I am currently in an Artist's Block which has been going on since late October 2011, and I am finding ways to get out of it. I'll keep you posted on how I break through it :]
7. Do you have any links or books you can recommend? Definitely! Fashion Illustration by Anna Kiper and Fashion Poses for Fashion Illustrators by Sha Tahmasebi are two books that I own at the moment. I'm hoping to get more. These two books are very helpful if you're a beginner or even if you want to be a bit more advanced. http://www.monkeysee.com/play/5156-ho... this is a very basic tutorial but seriously, this tutorial helped me when I was just starting. Hopefully it helps you too. http://www.fsketcher.com/index.php/tu... This was a newly found website that I heard about from 555000rocky http://youtube.com/555000rocky Hope this helped :]