Today we are making a Primal Quesadilla with Paleo Wraps from the Julian Bakery. This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you a "Ground Turkey Quesadilla Made With Paleo Wraps™." As my wife started cooking tonight's dinner, I couldn't help but notice something new going on the griddle-pan. We haven't had quesadillas in a very long time, due to the fact that we haven't been able to find any tortillas or wraps that were truly free of all the harmful ingredients that we stray from. But what were these???? Alas, Paleo Wraps! Julian Bakery has saved the day, bringing us healthy wraps that are Gluten-free, GMO-Free, soy-free, and made from cauliflower and coconut flower!!! They hit the nail on the head with this one, and now we are going to enjoy a classic that we've axed from our dinner plans a long time ago.
Complete Recipe Link:
• 2 Paleo Wraps
• ¼ c chopped red onion
• 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 can diced Eden Organics diced tomatoes with green chiles
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 ½ tsp lime juice
• ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Heat oil in large skillet.
2) Add onion & garlic & sauté until onion is cooked.
3) Add ground turkey and continue to stir and cook until all is browned & no longer pink.
4) Add diced tomatoes, chili powder, lime juice & cilantro & stir and let simmer for 5 mins. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5) Heat griddle pan over medium high heat.
6) Put one wrap on griddle pan & toast each side until browned & crunchy. Remove 1st wrap when done & place 2nd wrap on griddle pan & toast each side until browned & crunchy.
7) When 2nd wrap is toasted, cover with ½ of the cheese & top with ¼ c turkey meat, then top with remaining cheese & place other wrap on top.
8) Continue to cook & flip over once cheese starts to melt. Be careful not to burn the outside of the wrap.
9) Top with your favorite things -- sour cream, salsa, homemade guacamole, etc.
• 10 minutes
• 20 minutes
Quesadillas never tasted so good! And, we were able to enjoy this meal with added benefits of cruciferous vegetables protecting and repairing our DNA! Now I feel like Superman!!! The Paleo Wraps had a crispy crunch that went perfectly with all the delicious Mexican flavors that were sandwiched between them. Viva La Quesadilla!!!!!
Now while you can't order the Paleo Wraps just yet, they are scheduled to be online-ready in the very near future. Keep checking Julian Bakery online for updates, but for now the locals to La Jolla, California can stop on in and purchase them. Please give this recipe a whirl; let us know how you like them.
Paleo Store: http://www.Julianbakery.com/Paleo
Paleo Wraps (Coming Soon Summer 2013) http://www.paleowrap.com
Complete Recipe Link: