Loading...

Low Head Lighthouse and Foghorn

45,430 views

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Sep 3, 2008

The Low Head Light house at the mouth of the Tamar river in Tasmania Australia was built in 1833, it was replaced in 1888 by the present 21 metre brick structure.

In 1929 the 'G type Diaphone' fog horn was installed and in 2001 it was successfully re sounded. It is operated most Sunday's of the year. It is the only operational G type Diaphone in the world.

Under ideal conditions it can be heard up to 20 miles out to sea.

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...