Upload

Loading...

Cruise in Leyland Leopard bus

3,247 views

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Oct 22, 2010

Leyland buses have been a part of the Dunedin City Corporation (later *DCT, then Citibus) urban bus fleet since 1925. But on 12 October 2010, that era finally came to a close, when Leyland Leopard, fleet no. 194 worked a final trip, having been sold to the Bus 194 Project. This not only brought to a close 85 years of Leylands in the fleet, but over 30 years of sterling service to Dunedin from the Leyland Leopard type itself. No. 194, which entered service in July 1981, is one of the stylish NZMB-Hess bodied Leopards, bodywork made of alloy, and was taken on a drive combining some of the former routes she had worked for many years on evening of Friday, October 22, 2010. This 'combined trip' included route no. 5 (St Clair), 27 (St Kilda) , Tomahawk, and (7) Sheil Hill. It also encompassed an off route part by taking part of the high road of Otago Peninsula, with views of the Otago Harbour and city, before driving back into the city, returning via part of Andersons Bay, Musselburgh, past Bayfield High School, Portsmouth Drive, main city centre and to the depot, where the only other remaining Leopard on the compound, no. 190, (also sold) can briefly be seen. The aims of the Bus 194 Project are for preservation of this bus and other transport pertaining to Dunedin City.
*= Dunedin City Transport
**= New Zealand Motor Bodies.

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...