Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 11, 2013
The Palace of Industry is the last building left from the 1924 British Empire Exhibition. Apart from the Exhibition itself the building is of interest to architects and engineers because it was one of the scale of its use of reinforced concrete. This can be seen clearly near the end of the video when the Lion's Head is being cut out from the wall. Despite appeals by historians that at least a wall should be left for the 90th anniversary of the Exhibition in 2014, the developers, Quintain, have gone ahead with demolishing it to make way for a car park.