I love making this simple black bean and corn salad during the summer months as it's both refreshing and savory and super easy to prepare. You can also serve it as a salsa by digging in with chips or tostadas. Never forget to pair it with a chardonnay or rosé.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
By Amelia Ceja
Serves 6 to 8
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen corn
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• ½ small red or white onion, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
• 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp pickled jalapeño peppers vinegar
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomato, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño pepper, serrano pepper and cilantro. In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, oil, cumin, minced garlic and jalapeño vinegar – drizzle over bean mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve over a bed of arugula, with tortilla chips or as a side dish.
Join Our Family
Recipe Email List: http://eepurl.com/s-BHL
salud! napa is a small group of passionate individuals who believe sharing recipes, cooking tips and wine pairings can make the world a better place.