Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Nov 1, 2016
JENNY: The NAD shall enhance its information clearinghouse and communications strategy by taking these steps:
1. The NAD shall conduct an NAD.org website refresh that prominently positions, front and center, a central information clearinghouse for parents and families of Deaf, DeafBlind, Deaf with Additional Disabilities and Hard of Hearing children.
2. The NAD shall enhance NAD.org’s search engine optimization (SEO) and targeted link exchange campaign.
3. The NAD shall enhance its communications strategy and expand its celebrity spokesperson team by inviting additional celebrities from the entertainment, government, business and/or other industries to serve as organizational spokespersons; and obtain permission and authorization to use their name and likeness.
4. The NAD shall design, develop and disseminate a series of media campaigns leveraging existing social media platforms to effectively communicate messages from the spokesperson team and for the purpose of information dissemination, fundraising and creating political currency.
5. The NAD shall design, develop and disseminate to the media a set of journalistic and media style guidelines promoting the universal use of the capitalized “D”eaf to represent all subsets of our community in recognition of our community’s human right to learn and use American Sign Language.
6. The NAD shall, through coordination or partnership with other organizations, take the lead in establishing a National Data Resource Center to collect data and statistics to document, support and make data driven decisions that will focus in the areas of civil, human and linguistic rights of Deaf Americans. Areas of research and data collection shall include, but not be limited to the short- and long-term impacts of language acquisition and development, communication modalities and types of education received on employment, reliance on federal and state funding (e.g., welfare benefits and mental health services).