This video serves a couple purposes:
1) To test uploading videos longer than 15 minutes.
2) To show a little progress compared to my 34:34 from a few years back.
3) To promote Awesome Games Done Quick, Speed Demos Archive's charity marathon. It's happening from January 6th to the 12th. I'll be playing both this and Dracula X Chronicles around midnight on the 8th. Check out all the info at speeddemosarchive dot com.
4) To get some opinions to see if this is worthy to be submitted to SDA. I'm thinking not, though.
Eh, I don't feel like annotating. I'll point out stuff here:
- 0:00 Final Stage Bloodlines was perfect.
- 2:19 Missing the Cube of Zoe twice is lame, but very funny.
- 3:03 The things that drop acidy spit love to screw me over.
- I probably collected too many hearts during the 1st 10 minutes. The big heart at 8:33 was definitely unnecessary. I don't even know why the hell I decided to get that one.
- 9:34 I usually don't screw up on those skeletons. I dunno, they were just getting me that day.
- 10:01 Screwing up Soul Steal hurt me twice.
- 10:41 Werewolf/Minotaur went very well.
- 12:01 For some reason Alucard didn't want to jump there.
- 14:31 Batucard!
- 15:02 My strength must be low. I can usually kill Karasuman with less Shield Rod hits.
- 17:20 These rooms could've been smoother.
- 17:58 The game screwed me out of a wolf dash.
- 18:25 In hindsight avoiding that Heart Max Up is more trouble than it's worth.
- 18:57 Richter skip on the first try.
- 21:09 Fucking Medusa Heads. Well, it could've been worse. One could've hit me at the top of the first Flying Armor room.
- 22:34 Bullshit hit from the skull.
- 23:21 I didn't get IWS all the way across. But I got most of it.
- 23:49 I'm officially naming these RomKicks.
- 25:42 RomScout uses a better strat for Death's first form that I just can't replicate. I didn't even try in this video, and likely will never.
- 26:37 I don't know why I transformed there. You can jump to that platform easily, then double jump up and then fly as a bat.
- 27:34 One extra cast had to be used on Medusa because of low strength. I'm betting my strength will be worse at the marathon.
- 28:50 Botched the divemorph twice in that stretch, then screwed up IWS, causing the fall in the big room to be awkward. I got the IWS in the room before Olrox to make up for it.
- 29:16 I can usually kill Akmodan II with six holy waters. That's why the last hit was late.
- 30:10 That just sucked.
- The rest from there is great. One cast Shaft kill. Killed Drac before he squished Karasuman.
- And as a final note not about the run per se: Sony better stop flagging these Castlevania videos. I'm sure there's someone in Germany who would really like to see this but can't. It just ain't cool, Sony. Quit it.