New Product Hits & Misses
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don't have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what's out there!
So Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100 so you know what you can expect when you try something new!
SupermarketGuru does not sell the foods we review, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them.
Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What's in it, how natural is it?
5. (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.
8. (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint?
* products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score
To see more New Product Hits & Misses visit: http://www.supermarketguru.com
This product is a HIT! I tried Bobs Red Mill in the form of mini flatbreads I give it a rave review, both for taste and ease of preparation. When you think of garbanzo and fava beans you dont typically think of bread, pizza crust or cookies, but from now on you will with a fresh nutty taste and without the expected gritty consistency, I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. Retails for $5.55
Bobs Red Mill Natural Foods, Milwaukie, OR
800 553 2258
This product is a HIT! Pity on those 12 year olds that think they can make a few bucks on lemonade stands its not going to happen anymore if you want lemonade youre going to buy Purity Organic. This lemonade is not overly sweet, although I do wish it had a bit more tartness; it is very thirst quenching of course there is always a but and this is a big one one bottle contains 60 grams of sugar. Retails for $1.99 Pacific Organic Produce, San Francisco, CA 415.673.5555
This product is a HIT! When most people think of tortilla chips they dont think of health Corazonas wants to change that With 18 grams of whole grains in one 1 ounce serving; and with plant sterols which block our bodys absorption of LDL (the bad cholesterol) and, on top of all that: a great taste thanks to just a hint of lime. Retails for $3.29 Corozonas Foods, Inc., Los Angeles,
CA 888 823 4190
This product is a HIT! Now before you shake your head in disagreement - listen up!. You heard it before Trix are for kids and those of us who grew up eating this multi-colored, sweet treat, that made your mouth happy, are probably suspicious now with the whole grain recipe they wont have the same experience not true! Although these Trix do taste a little less sweet, overall theyve done a terrific job with the recipe and theyre using sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup which is great! Retails for $2.89. General Mills Cereals, LLC, Minneapolis, MN 323 317 2144
This product is a HIT! Cool Whip changed the way we thought about whipped cream and recently people started reading the ingredients and starting looking around for alternatives that were all natural. This new product, Tru Whip, is made with 70% organic ingredients, has no trans fats and no hydrogenated oil. It has a nice clean taste and just 30 calories in 2 tablespoons AND its gluten free if I was Cool Whip Id be worried! Retails for $3.29 - $3.99 Peak Foods, LLC, Troy, OH 800 727 9939