Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 24, 2016
Welcome to watch this webinar recording re: World No Tobacco Day 2016. Our governments have committed to achieve Sustainable Development Goals - SDGs - by 2030, one of which (SDG 3.a) is to strengthen the implementation of the global tobacco treaty (formally called World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control or WHO FCTC) in all countries, as appropriate. We need to ensure that the implementation of WHO FCTC is on track for the world to meet the SDG targets by 2030 or earlier! We also need to ensure that health policy is FIREWALLED from tobacco industry interference at all levels.
The PANEL OF EXPERTS were:
* Prof (Dr) RAMA KANT, WHO Director-General's Awardee for tobacco control (2005); former President of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI); former Vice President of SAARC Surgeons Assoc.; former Chief Medical Superintendent, King George's Medical University (KGMU)
* Dr TARA SINGH BAM, Regional Advisor (Tobacco Control - Asia Pacific), International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union)
* JOHN STEWART, Deputy Campaigns Director, Corporate Accountability International
* YVONA TOUS, Policy Advisor, Framework Convention Alliance (FCA) for Tobacco Control
* RAHUL DWIVEDI, Director, Vote For Health campaign, Country Coordinator of APACT Youth Action Network (AYAN) and member of GYAT
- Moderator: Ashok Ramsarup, noted award-winning commentator and senior radio programme producer, South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC)