More information can be obtained at our website. This includes all of the links mentioned in this video.
Data logging does not have to be complicated anymore. The BRX Series PLC can log your specific data up to 32 Gigabits on a Micro SD Card. It will store your data for future data analysis in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) Txt file based on time and/or event. This is all accomplished with just one instruction in the BRX PLC. Excel is just one program that you can import and analysis this CSV Txt file.
Do-More Designer has a Browse PLC File Systems window that will allow you to copy, create and delete the files from the connected computer. This will save you from going to each controller, removing and copying the files on the Micro SD Card.
We will be looking at the data logging instruction in the BRX Series PLC and how to retrieve and view this information. Let’s get started.
Previously in this BRX Series PLC we looked at the following:
System Hardware Video
Installing the Software
Installing the Software Video
Establishing Communication Video
Updating Firmware Video
Numbering Systems and Addressing
Numbering Systems and Addressing Video
First Program Video
Monitoring and Testing the Program
Monitoring and Testing the Program Video
Online Editing and Debug Mode
Online Editing and Debug Mode Video
High Speed IO
High Speed IO Video
BRX PLC Compare Instructions
Compare Instructions Video
BRX PLC Math Instructions
Math Instructions Video
Program Control Video
Shifting Instructions Video
Drum Instruction Video
Serial Communication – Modbus RTU to Solo Process Temperature Controller
Serial Communication Video
There are several reasons why we are using the BRX Series Controller. Here are just a few.
- Standalone PLC with built in I/O
- Built in Data Logging
- Communication ability - Ethernet Port, RS232, RS485, USB - support for protocols such as Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, ASCII, K-sequence (DirectLOGIC users), Custom Protocols (ASCII over serial, TCP or UDP over Ethernet)
- Built in Analog input and output
- Integrated motion control
- High speed counters
- Powerful instruction set (Video of Instructons in software)
- Ability to expand the system with a variety of modules
- Part of the Do-More series of PLCs which use the same free software. (Do-More Designer)
- Integrated simulator in the software capable of external communications for testing
The BRX series of programmable logic controllers consist of four different units. They differ depending on the Inputs and Outputs built into the unit and if it has the ethernet port.
No I/O Micro PLC unit – (BX ME)
10 Point Micro PLC unit – (BX 10/10E)
18 Point Micro PLC unit - (BX 18/18E)
36 Point Micro PLC unit - (BX 36/36E)
These CPUs (Central Processing Units) are also known as MPU (Multi Processing Units) because of the communication capabilities.