Ready to make calls? This system will be live through November 6, 2018! Keep the magic going:
1. Log into hubdialer.com/agent using your email address, the Campaign ID, and the Passcode.
Oregon - Defeat Measure 105
Campaign ID: 16516
2. Read through the script that will show on the page. Practice reading it out loud and make sure you feel comfortable. Once you’re ready, scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Let’s Get Started!’
3. Dial in with your phone using the call in number and dial in code displayed on the Hubdialer system landing page . When you call in, you’ll be given a 3-digit confirmation code. Type the code in the blank space on the landing page and you are all set!
TIP: Use headphones if you have them. It’s way easier than holding the phone to your ear!
4. Start making calls! Click ‘Make Call’ to place a call. As you go through the call, be sure to enter the respondent's answers. Once a call has finished, click ‘Next Script’ to move onto the next call.
5. If you do not know the answer to something, do not guess - have them email us at email@example.com Thanks for joining us in the fight for civil rights and civil liberties nationwide!
Visit bit.ly/StoptheSnatchersGuide for more detailed calling info and FAQs!
In the wizarding world, Snatchers roam the country capturing suspected Muggle-borns and handing them over to the Voldemort-controlled Ministry of Magic. Separated from their families due to their "illegal" blood status, Muggle-borns were treated with cruelty and seemed to "disappear" from their community.
In the U.S., we have snatchers, too: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) harasses, detains, and deports undocumented immigrants, tearing families apart because of their "illegal" status. Wizard activists know no human being can be illegal and no family should be torn apart. That's why on November 1st, Dumbledore's Army is coming together to #StoptheSnatchers!
On Nov 1st, meet us in the Room of Requirement to protect immigrants by making calls for the #NoOn105 campaign! On Election Day, voters in Oregon will vote on ballot measure 105. If passed, 105 will repeal the current law limiting the use of state and local law enforcement to enforce federal immigration laws. In other words, it would open the door for local law enforcement to help ICE racially profile, capture, detain and possibly deport suspected undocumented immigrants. This would be a reversal of Oregon's current sanctuary laws that have been in place for over 30 years. The ballot measure is supported by two organizations identified as extremist hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center - meaning the No on 105 campaign is very literally trying to stop the Snatchers and the Death Eaters. The HPA will be phone banking with the No on 105 campaign on Thursday, Nov 1 from 8pm - 10pm ET to remind Oregonians to vote No on 105 to stop the snatchers!
If it's your first phone bank, don't worry! Here's the simple guide we'll follow during the livestream: bit.ly/StoptheSnatchersGuide. Also, we're all in this together: you'll learn from D.A. leaders (as well as our friends from the No on 105 campaign, Latinx Geeks and more) about how to make calls, and have the opportunity to take part in a live chat of fellow D.A. members making calls. To make it even easier, we're not trying to sway voters - we'll be calling folks who already want to protect immigrants and making sure they have all the info they need to stop the snatchers!
So, wands up, wizard activists! We'll see you here on Nov 1st!
The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA) is a nonprofit that uses the power of story to inspire social action. With over two hundred chapters on six continents, the HPA is using the creativity and enthusiasm of fans to affect real world change and become like the heroes they read about. Learn more about the HPA and how you can get involved at http://thehpalliance.org
Keep up to date with the Harry Potter Alliance by joining our mailing list http://thehpalliance.org/hpa-signup/
Follow us on social media: