Loading...

Violent extremist, David Cameron's UK arms firms making loadsamoney from Yemen slaughter

500 views

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 28, 2015

An Open Letter to Britain’s Leading Violent Extremist: David Cameron
By Nafeez Ahmed
https://medium.com/insurge-intelligen...

Human Rights Watch says a recent Saudi airstrike on the Yemeni town of Mukha that left scores of civilians dead appears to be a war crime.
The rights organization said there was no evident military target at the site of the airstrike. The HRW said Riyadh has so far failed to look into alleged breaches of the rules of engagement. It said the failure of Saudi Arabia to investigate unlawful airstrikes in Yemen demonstrates the need for the United Nations Human Rights Council to create a commission of inquiry to investigate allegations of violations by Riyadh. The rights group said 65 civilians including ten children were killed in the air raid on Ta’izz province on Friday. But some sources put the death toll at more than 140 civilians. Saudi Arabia has been pounding Yemen since March 26. The onslaught has claimed nearly 4900 Yemeni lives, mostly civilians.

Saudi Arabia has committed apparent war crime in Yemen, says HRW
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/07/...
Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:45PM
Human Rights Watch (HRW) has censured the Saudi regime for apparently committing a war crime against the Yemeni nation during its ongoing airstrikes on the impoverished country.

The New York-based rights group said the regime in Riyadh has committed an "apparent war crime" by carrying out a fatal aerial attack on a residential area of Yemen last week.

The HRW has confirmed that the strikes of July 24 on residential compounds by Saudi warplanes in the Yemeni Red Sea port of Mokha killed at least 65 civilians, including 10 children.

Ole Solvang, the senior emergencies researcher with the HRW, said the Saudi regime committed a war crime by repeatedly striking two compounds housing the families of workers at the Mokha Steam Power Plant.

"With no evident military target, this attack appears to be a war crime," Solvang said.

The Saudi monarchy has failed to investigate alleged breaches of the rules of war during the bombing campaign it launched against the Yemeni people back in March, the rights group said.


Fighters from the Houthi Ansarullah movement in Yemen gather at the site of a Saudi airstrike in the capital, Sana'a, July 14, 2015. (AFP)


The HRW said the "failure of Saudi Arabia ... to investigate apparently unlawful air strikes in Yemen demonstrates the need for the United Nations Human Rights Council to create a commission of inquiry."

Human Rights Watch has also slammed the Saudi naval and aerial blockade of Yemen.

The group recently accused the United States of complicity in the Saudi war of aggression against Yemen. The HRW said Washington is potentially liable in the unlawful strikes as the US is involved in refueling warplanes flying over Yemen and also in providing intelligence for the Saudis.

Saudi Arabia has been carrying out airstrikes against Yemen since March 26 - without a UN mandate. The strikes are meant to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and restore power to Yemen's fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a staunch ally of the Al Saud regime.

The United Nations says the Saudi war on Yemen has killed 1,900 civilians and wounded over 4,180 since late March. However, local sources have given a much higher number of fatalities, with some of them putting the total death toll at nearly 5,000.

Loading...


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...