Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Scheduled for Sep 25, 2019
Learn about careers in Computer Industry and the experiences of deaf and hard of hearing employees who work in this field.
FAQs-Deaf Pioneers Day
1. What is Deaf Pioneers Day? A one-day career exploration event designed for deaf and hard of hearing Middle School and High School students. This event is presented in a variety of formats, including presentations by deaf and hard of hearing panel members, videos, visual demonstrations, and hands-on activities to provide experiential learning for all participants. The objective of this event is to expose deaf and hard of hearing students to adult role models working in this field so that they can better understand how to envision a career in this field.
2. Where is this event held? How can we participate? The event will be held at Texas School for the Deaf (TSD) in Austin Texas. But there are two different ways to participate.
1) Bring your class to the on-site event at TSD or 2) Watch the same event via live stream in your classroom without traveling to Austin. We will live stream the morning portion of the event and will ship activity kits to schools for use in the hands-on activities in the afternoon.
3. When will this event be held? The next Deaf Pioneers Day is scheduled for September 25, 2019 from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
4. How can I register my class? Teachers must register their classes by filling out the registration form at www.tiny.cc/DeafPioneersDay (Note: Registration is now closed.) If a student is homeschooled, the adult responsible for teaching the student must register the student(s).
5. What age student may participate? This event is designed for students in middle school and high school academic levels. Teachers from anywhere in the United States may register for this event. However, there will be a maximum number of people accepted for the on-site version due to space limitations. Groups will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.