Become A Zombie Crew patron: http://bit.ly/SupportTVZ
For full recipe Download our E-Book http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Hard copy Cook & Survive http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
T shirts http://bit.ly/1ploouo
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
The Vegan Zombie
Watch as we make delicious vegan cheese sticks with Daiya Cheese. Great to make for parties to enjoy with friends or all by yourself. Cholesterol free!
Cheesy Zombie Fingers (Vegan Cheese Sticks)
Makes about 10-12 sticks / time 80 min
2 cups vegan cheese shreds i.e. Daiya Shreds
1 ½ cups vegan breadcrumbs
5 Tbs garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbs oregano dried
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 cups soy milk
1 ½ cups flour
2 or 3 cups canola oil
¼ cup tomato sauce
1. In small bowl, add garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano and whisk it all together.
2. Add cheese shreds to glass bowl and make a double boiler on the stove, placing it over a pot of boiling water. Stir cheese until it melts. Add 2 tsp of garlic powder mixture from step 1 and stir together.
3. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour melted cheese in. Spread it out evenly and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Carefully pull flattened cheese from pan and slice them in 10 to 12 sticks, about the width of a finger.
5. Pour breadcrumbs in bowl. Add remainder of garlic powder mixture from step 1 to bowl. Whisk together. Pour soy milk in separate bowl. Pour flour in separate bowl.
6. Pour canola oil into medium saucepan so it's about 2 or 3 inches deep. Put it on a medium heat and let it warm up.
7. Dunk cheese stick in soy milk, dredge it in the flour, dunk it back in the soy milk and roll it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all the cheese sticks. Carefully place them in hot oil to fry. Once golden brown, take them out with a pair of tongs and set on a paper towel.
8. Serve with a cup of tomato sauce.