Click here to Tweet this: http://clicktotweet.com/Zt9M1
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE HOT TREND? LEAVE A COMMENT OR VIDEO RESPONSE IN THE SECTION BELOW!
Punk out your plain flats with some neon lace! Lauren shows you how.
Subscribe to Lauren! http://www.youtube.com/larynmichael
Tweet Lauren: @StyleHaulLauren
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stylehaulyt
Like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stylehaul
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Patent leather flats
• Clothes Pins
• Glossy Modge Podge
• Container for glue
• Paint brush(es)
• Neon lace fabric of your choice
1. Measure fabric (allow extra fabric on all sides to ensure you have enough).
2. Place over top of shoe and secure with clothes pins.
3. Cut fabric opening down the middle of the inside portion of the shoe.
4. Trim fabric from inside of shoe and secure around the edges.
5. Pour some of your glue (we used glossy Modge Podge to keep the shine of the patent leather).
6. Apply your glue generously on shoe and smooth fabric over the glue to secure.
7. Keep applying the glue to sections of the shoe.
8. When you get to the back, smooth one side of the fabric toward the heel and cut to create a seam, and glue down.
9. Smooth and create a seam with the other side and glue.
10. Once you have allowed the glue to dry a bit, start trimming excess fabric from the the seam at the sole of the shoe.
11. Once all the excess fabric is trimmed, apply more glue around bottom of the shoe to secure all the edges.
12. Trim any excess fabric from the inside of the shoe (leave about 1/4-1/2 inch).
13. Secure the inside fabric with glue and you're done!