Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 16, 2012
Georgian country house built around the nucleus of a simple square keep of c.1500. The tall crowstep-gabled wings to the east and west were added in 1673. The bow-fronted elevation to the south was added in the 18th century and completely encases the original keep on that side. The Scottish Baronial additions to the west date to 1851 and are by David Bryce. The original keep is now only visible along its north front and a little of its east side. It is in coursed and harled rubble and rises through 3 storeys to a crenellated parapet borne on corbels. A gabled garret storey sits above. The first floor string course continues along the 17th century wing to the east.