The Inquisitor is a dark role-playing game of the highest quality. Prepare for a medieval drama with maximum style and great emphasis on details.
It brings you, a medieval inquisitor, to a gloomy world full of heresy, betrayal and devilish plots. You will hunt after perpetrators of the most atrocious crimes and you will meet a lot of cunning enemies. You will find yourself in the midst of a powerful conspiracy striving to destroy even the foundations of the thousand-year old Empire. As one of the three main characters you will explore all the mysteries of this depressing world and gain reputation of a fearless inquisitor and a witch hunter. Carry out dozens of secondary quests and develop your potential in order to face the more powerful and dangerous enemies and challenges. And remember—all you do depend just on your own choice!
The main pillars of the Inquisitor game are primarily its fast action and a catching storyline supplemented by an original game system and unique skills and abilities of the main heroes. The authors have inspired themselves with the high standards of the RPG genre and added inexhaustible amount of their own ideas and inventions.
The storyline is based mainly on the investigation of various crimes, so the core components of the game are to expose malefactors, gain evidence against them and to prove them guilty in court, using both the canon law and the secular law of the Empire. One of the most important laws is the Inquisitional codex which lays down the rules and principles of the inquisitional process.
A very important part of the inquisitional process is torture. It allows you to use up to four torture instruments when interrogating the worst criminals (a rack, a strappado, a whipping post and an iron maiden).
• High-resolution state-of-the-art graphics
• Original artwork
• Extensive locations and large areas to explore
• A credible story from the medieval fantasy world
• Spectacular soundtrack
• Three playable characters: priest, knight, thief—3 unique independent stories
• Surface areas and gloomy underground locations
• Interrogation, torture, sentence
• Massive RPG system
• Combat, occult, sorcery
• Three playable characters, 90 monsters and 180 NPCs
• Animation of the game characters consists of almost one million sprites (i.e. graphical elements)
• 34 surface areas with deep forests, green pastures and extensive towns
• millions of square meters of exteriors
• Dozens of interiors, buildings, temples, palaces and forts
• 37 extensive dungeon complexes (including multilevel dungeons)
• 100 kilometers of twisting corridors
• Game environment design uses 50,000 manually finished sprites
• More than 200 weapons and projectiles including many magical ones
• 80 spells with spectacular effects, 6 different black art schools
• Huge amount of potions
• 10 years of development
• More than 5000 pages of storyline