Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Nov 22, 2008
KINGS LYNN TO HUNSTANTON - John Betjeman
A ride along the North Norfolk coast to the seaside in a DMU, before the line was closed by Dr. Beeching.
The site of Hunstanton station is now a large car and coach park, leaving the former coal shed as the only remaining trace of the railway. This was converted into an art gallery with help from West Norfolk Council, opening its doors for the first time in May 2008. The first exhibition celebrated the King's Lynn to Hunstanton railway line with a display of memorabilia and photographs. The Sandringham Hotel, commandereed by the War Office during the Second World War, was purchased by Hunstanton Urban District Council in 1950 for use as offices; it was subsequently demolished in 1967.