Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Dec 27, 2012
The Jensen C-V8 is a four-seater GT car produced by Jensen Motors between 1962 and 1966.
Launched in October 1962, the C-V8 series had fibreglass bodywork (only the door skins were steel), as did the preceding 541 series.
All C-V8s used big-block engines sourced from Chrysler; first the 361 and then, from 1964, the 330 bhp (246 kW) 383 in³. Most of the cars had three-speed Chrysler Torqueflite automatic transmission, but some were produced with a four-speed manual gearbox. While the great majority of C-V8s were made in right-hand drive (RHD), eight were made in left-hand drive (LHD).
The car was one of the fastest production four-seaters of its era. The Mk II, capable of 136 mph (219 km/h), ran a quarter mile (~400 m) in 14.6 seconds, and accelerated from 0 - 60 mph (97 km/h) in 6.7 seconds
Jensen Motors Ltd was a British manufacturer of sports cars and commercial vehicles, based in the Lyng -- West Bromwich (in the West Midlands, west of Birmingham). The Jensen brothers (Alan and Richard, born in Moseley, Birmingham) were previously employed in the bodyshop of Patrick Motors, Selly Oak, Birmingham in a building which is still standing next to the University of Birmingham campus. The company was established in 1934 and ceased trading in 1976. The rights to Jensen were bought and the company operated in Speke, Merseyside from 1998 to 2002. Under further new owners, a new version of the Jensen Interceptor was announced in 2011 as bringing manufacturing back to the former Jaguar motor plant in Browns Lane, Coventry.