See Chef Gason Website
Fried Trout or Catfish Recipe
* Trout or Catfish fillets (3 or 4 medium pieces per person)
* 1 cup White Corn Meal
* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 medium eggs
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* Enough cooking oil to cover the fish (I like using peanut or corn oil)
1. Combine all your dry ingredients
2. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a medium size bowl
3. Wash catfish fillets and pat dry.
4. Dip fillets in the egg wash, shake off excess then roll in the cornmeal mix to coat thoroughly on all sides.
5. Make sure oil is hot, then place fish in frying pan and fry until golden brown on both sides
6. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Note: You can adjust the seasoning to your liking also I like to squeeze a lemon on my fish before serving
Folliow Chef Gason on Twitter
Buy Lodge Cast Iron and Deep Fryer Here
**They Are Already Pre-Seasoned**
Follow Me on Twitter
See My Cooking Blog & Cast Iron Deep Fryer
*Thanks Again Chef Gason For This Recipe**
But Yellow Cornmeal Recipe Is My Favorite!!