If Factorio escaped the 2d plane to 3d and had a baby with Subnautica, you would end up with Satisfactory. Early access is here!
You build miners, furnaces, assembling machines and connect them all with conveyor belts and a power grid. The map looks fantastic and wildlife is odd and wonderful.
Please pre-order it here (I'll get a 5% cut if you use my link!): https://store.epicgames.com/grindthis...
In this episode:
- reviewing a perfect ratio setup for reinforced plates (requires mk3 belts and a modified recipe as mentioned)
- 11:11 heavy modular frame production
- trying to unlock the fuel generator (150MW for each one!)
- 16:10 flying ray flyby. I'll try to jump on its back next time
- 29:40 oil refinery and plastic setup
- 50:08 oops blackout
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🐵 MY PATREON 🐵▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
👇🏻Help Support GrindThisGame 👇🏻
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🐵 MY DISCORD 🐵▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
➤ This playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
More about the game from the developers:
What is Satisfactory about?
Satisfactory is an FPS open-world factory building sim. You play as an engineer on an alien planet tasked to complete ‘Project Assembly’ - a massive machine for a mysterious purpose. Conquer nature, build multi-story factories, and automate to satisfaction!
Are there multiple procedurally generated planets?
No, there are no procedurally generated planets. Just one beautifully crafted, hand-made, 100% organic, vegan, GMO-free planet.
Actually, it’s not even a whole planet. It’s just a small bit. But it’s still pretty big, 30km2. That means about 5.4x5.4km.
Is there combat in the game?
Is Satisfactory multiplayer?
Yes. We officially support 1-4 players, but we are not limiting it at the moment. This might change but if you want to try more than 4 players then go for it. If it crashes it’s you or Simon’s fault. @SBegby on Twitter.
Will there be mod support?
This is something we have seriously considered but are instead focusing on getting the game finished and running smoothly. Mod support may be added in the future.
Is this game going to keep being delayed?
No. But every time it is delayed it would most likely be Simon's fault. In fact, all delays are Simon's fault. @SBegby on Twitter.
Coffee Stain has a lot of studios under its publishing arm. Which studio made this?
It’s true! We work with a lot of great studios under Coffee Stain Publishing. But this game was made by the OG Coffee Stain Studios. The same studio that created the Sanctum and Goat Simulator franchises.
How long have you been working on Satisfactory?
More than 2.5 years.
The spider things creeped me out. I’m arachnophobic and can’t play games with spiders in them. Does that mean I can’t play the game?
You can. I’m also arachnophobic. So I made an “Arachnophobia Mode” which turns the spiders into cute cat sprites. I spent two hours on it so it looks terrible, but at least they aren’t spiders anymore. But I guess you probably shouldn’t watch the trailer again.
Patch Notes: Early Access Release - v0.1 - CL 95718
THIS IS HAPPENING! The game is now released and we are incredibly excited for you all to play Satisfactory. Here are some patch notes detailing the changes that went in since the Alpha Test Weekend. There is lots of new content in the Early Access version and there are likely more tweaks and fixes in this version than these patch notes cover.
Hope you all will be having an amazing time with the game!
Some patch notes for early access
• Unlocked Tiers 4 - 6
• Unlocked the Caterium Research Chain
• Added work-in-progress localisation to a number of languages
• Emotes ;)
• Rebalanced Steel: Steel Plate and Reinforced Steel Plate are now Steel Beam and Encased Industrial Beam (both have a different cost than before, Encased Industrial Beam requiring Concrete to produce)
• Rebalanced Heavy Modular Frame
• Rebalanced costs of Tiers 2 - 5
• Rebalanced costs of Caterium Milestones
• Moved Caterium research from Tiers 4 and 5 to Tiers 5 and 6
• Moved Object Scanner and Beacon to Hub Upgrade 5
• Moved Conveyor Belt Mk.3 and Storage Mk.2 from Tier 4 to Tier 5
• Tweaked Blade Runners: Sprint speed boost down to 50% from 75% and reduced the fall damage curve slightly
• Locked the Space Elevator Phase that opens up Tiers 7 and 8
• Tweaked Onboarding hints a little bit
• Xeno-Zapper damage increased by 25%
• Xeno-Basher damage increased by 40% and nerfed knockback and attack speed slightly