READ THIS PLEASE. What you will read here will answer most if not ALL your questions. READ IT!!!!!!
How To Get/Connect To Wi-fi On DeSmuME 0.9.7 Emulator
This WILL NOT work if you have internet connection through Wi-fi or USB etc. I apologize and sympathize for you and I will search and keep you posted if they add these capabilities.
Rate, subscribe, comment please if you want to. I like the feedback and also I reply as soon as possible.
This is a video showing how to get Wi-fi/connect to Wi-fi on the DeSmuME 0.9.7 emulator.
*I do not own anything in this video and I wasn't the one who developed this method*
7 zip : http://www.7-zip.org/
*This is a free extraction wizard for extracting zip files. If you have one already you don't have to get this.
DeSmuME Emulator : http://www.mediafire.com/?o832ctrxkvh...
Firmware.dfc option 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?sxo0jchx0ye...
Firmware.dfc option 2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?uanhi61c6rn...
*The firmware dfc file fixes the error 20104 (maybe even 52000) code you might get while trying to connect to wifi on the emulator.. If you are having that error, download one of them and put it in your wifi folder. If one doesn't work try the other one.
DeSmuMe Emulator Setup Instructions:
1. Install WinPCap if you do not already have it. It comes in the folder you download.
2. Run DeSmuME and go to Config then Wifi Settings.
3. Change to infrastructure and use your network card that your computer uses for internet.
4. Go to Config then emulation settings.
5. Check the box "Use external BIOS images".
6. Put biosnds9.bin that is in the Wi-Fi folder in "ARM9 BIOS image".
7. Put biosnds7.bin that is in the Wi-Fi folder in "ARM7 BIOS image".
8. Check the box "Use external firmware images".
9. Put the firmware.bin in "Firmware image"
10. Check the box "Boot from firmware".
*This makes your emulator run like the DS with the home screen and etc. It is not necessary to have this for it to work but the first time you are doing this just check it to be safe.
11. Go to "Nintendo Wi-Fi connection settings"/"Nintendo WFC setup" with any game with wifi capabilities.
12. Test the Wi-fi to make sure you see SoftAP on Connection 1 and also that it connects. You might have to test it a couple of times but don't do it more than 10.
Credit to ahackerjack http://www.youtube.com/user/ahackerjack
and John246l http://www.youtube.com/user/John246l
ERROR CODE FIX HELP:
BEFORE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MAKE SURE THESE THINGS ARE DONE FIRST:
- Have a wired connection by a cable (lan cable)
-Run DeSmuME as an administrator
-"For anyone getting 'Unable to get IP address' or 'Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi network' errors, you need to check your router firewall settings. I use DD-WRT and an enabled SPI Firewall will not allow you access, disabling that let everything work fine.
-Disabling any firewalls that you think would be blocking the process...
-WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA users must go to network and sharing center and make sure that your connection type is set to HOME network and NOT PUBLIC OR WORK(Work might work but just try Home)
-In the Wi-Fi settings in DeSmuMe make sure it is set to infrastructure mode and also the correct bridging is enabled with your ETHERNET CONTROLLER (your network adapter)
- Try pressing tab when connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection(some say it works but I don't know)
Emulator doesn't save: You would have to go into PATH SETTINGS and set your own paths for screenshots, cheats, roms, saveram etc.
Error Code 52000/52001/52002:Check your modem status and change it from bridging to PPPOE or PPPOA(sometimes work).Also double check the WEP key you entered(if used). Make sure if your on windows 7 that you have run the emulator as an administrator and also check that it's connection is an exception in your firewall/antivirus software. It can also be the firmware file.
Error Code 52100: There could be IP address conflict going on. You will have to give your DS its own IP address rather than using DHCP to find its own. Go http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/... for help on doing that.
Error with saving Wi-Fi settings: "try keeping the external bios and firmware but without booting to DS on."
Other Information/ Error Code Fix:
If you have wired connection and still get error code 52000 then you need to Disable Extra Networks and Firewall. This also involves adding WinPCap as a firewall and internet connection exception.
*There are different versions of DeSmuME that you can connect to Wi-Fi but I use this one since this is the only one that works for ME that I have tested so far. This does not mean others wont work for you and I will be testing more soon as well. For more versions and more help go to http://forum.romulation.net/index.php...
Me testing out the Wi-Fi on the emulator by using it to do a Wi-Fi event : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPMC-...