SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL
===========EXPAND ME FOR INSTRUCTIONS==========
MUSIC BY WIERDDOUGH SONG: "LADYBIRD"
Check out my website: http://www.bohemianragz22.blogspot.com
DIY How to: Make flare Jeans to Bootcut
**The following is a video of how to make flare jeans to bootcut. It is done with a drape method where pinning the fabric to your desired fit, and not much calculation done with seam allowance.
TIPS ABOUT SEWING:
-Never cut the excess fabric you dont need until the desired fit is made.
-When choosing a pair of flares or bellbottoms its good to have atleast the waist or high waist part of your jeans already fit you.
++++++Materials You will Need for the project++++++++
-A sewing machine
-pins or needles
-Highlighter marker (washable)
-A Ruler (preferably clear with a grid for accurate measuring)
++Steps to make it!+++++
1. Try on your flares inside out, where the wrong side of fabric is showing
2. Pin fabric to desired fit (either really skinny but with a little extra for leg room)
3. Fold the bottom part of your flares and pin it to how short you want your hem to be. (bottom of pants)
4. Mark the areas that you have pinned with chalk or a highlighter
5. unpin the areas, once you have marked it. (So that you wont have the pins on as you take off the pants
6. Use a sewing machine using thread that is jeans heavy duty
Double stitch twice around the seams (seam allowance that is sewn in)
7. Dont forget to backstitch! And also fold the hems at the bottom 1 1/2
8. Once desired fit has been tested (tips: try walking around and sitting down to see that desired length has been achieved.)
TRIM OFF THE EXCESS FABRIC LEFT FROM THE WIDENESS OF THE FLARE
10. ALL DONE! ENJOY :) SubScribe Here https://www.youtube.com/user/Cha3bi2014