If you don't follow these instructions you wont get the achievement:
There are 7 terminals in total and you must reach the end of the messages on each one (You'll See "//Fragment End") to register the terminal as found.
Instructions to read the Terminals:
- Press RB to enter the terminal.
- Press A several times to skip all the possible messages until it stops.
- Wait a few seconds (don't press any button) until the terminal turns red.
- It will show a little animation and it will turn blue again to reveal more messages.
- Press A several times to skip all the messages until it stops again.
- When you see the last message, you can leave the terminal, press B (See next paragraph).
Terminal's last line (except for Legendary):
No.1: //FRAGMENT ENDS
No.2: //FRAGMENT ENDS
No.3: //FRAGMENT ENDS
No:4: //FRAGMENT ENDS
No.5: [35:52:75:23:64] _ xx01-83-244.53
No.6: //FRAGMENT ENDS
No.7: // ALL RECORDS CEASE (Press A some more)
- You can do this on any difficulty.
- You can use rally points (Alpha/Bravo).
- You can do this on Coop (All players should be close to the terminal).
- You don't need to finish the levels.
- You don't have to get them in order.
- You don't need the 8th terminal to get the achievement.
Locations (They're in the video):
1. In the first building, turn left and go through the door. You should be in a curved corridor, and the terminal is just on the side.
2. After Guilty Spark opens the door, continue through until you activate a bridge. Turn around and the terminal is in front of you. (It only opens after you activate the bridge.)
3. After you defeat the Scarab and enter the buildings, and you have killed the sleeping Covenant, go down the ramp to a locked door (you must take the left door). Then, go down another (larger) ramp. At the back of this ramp, go round the back to find a small room containing the terminal.
4. In the first tower, before you go up the lift, cross it to the other side. There is a terminal in the darkness.
5. In the second tower (the one the Elites took). Go to the tower entrance, (it's locked) turn around and then terminal is in front of you.
6. In the third tower, (just like in the first tower) before you go up the lift, cross it to the other side. There is a terminal.
7. After you exit the first cave at the start of the level keep right and take the icy slope upto a building (heading back on yourself). The terminal is inside. You can also turn right at the ledge where you jump down before the exit of the cave and walk right up to the entrance to the room with the terminal. Thereby not triggering the Flood by exiting the cave.
The 8th Terminal:
It can be found on the level, "Cortana", and is located on the basement floor of the room with the "Tilt Skull" in it. At the very bottom of this room, there is a Gravity Hammer leaning against a stand. This stand is a Terminal (although it does not look like the other terminals in the game, it simply looks like a pedestal of light).
Upon accessing it, Cortana will take over your HUD with a brief message, which is a reference to the Novel "The Fall of Reach", according to Avateur over at ABO.
8th Terminal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXVBaQ...
High Charity Suite - Halo 2 Orginal Soundtrack Vol. 2
Sony Vegas 7.0