Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Nov 26, 2013
Completed in 1914, this bank was Louis Sullivan's third major "Jewel Box" bank created in the final decade of his life. The building, nearly cubical, suggests security and stability needed in a bank, but the stonework and terra cotta ornamentation modify the austerity of the structure. The center of visual interest is the circular stained glass window over the entrance. The interior decoration continues the themes of the building's exterior. Additional information is available in the bank, which is now occupied by the Grinnell Visitor Center and Chamber of Commerce.
Located at 833 4th Ave, Grinnell, IA 50112. This video was made possible through a Grinnell College Mini-Grant.