Ingredients Makes about 4 sandwhiches Roasted Tomatoes 9 oz (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil 1/2 tsp (2g) salt Freshly ground black pepper For the sandwhiches 1 1/2 cup (150g) cheddar cheese, grated Butter, room temperature Fresh basil leaves 8 bread slices
1. Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are roasted.
5. Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
6. Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.