Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Dec 12, 2009
Shot with a Nikon D90 with Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 and Nikon 50mm F1.8. October 2009.
Kaliningrad (Russian: Калининград, German: Königsberg, Polish: Królewiec, Prussian:Twānksta) is a seaport and the administrative center of Kaliningrad Oblast, the Russian exclave between Poland and Lithuania on the Baltic Sea. The territory, the northern part of the former East Prussia, borders on NATO and EU members Poland and Lithuania, and is geographically separated from the rest of Russia.
Originally named Königsberg, the Prussian and German town had been founded in 1255, and was then largely destroyed during World War II. Its ruins were occupied by the Soviet Army in 1945 and it was renamed Kaliningrad in 1946 in honour of Mikhail Kalinin. The former Russian name was Kyonisberg (Кёнисберг).