SUBSCRIBE Our New Channel For More Delicious Street Food Videos around the world - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusA...
Watch the Video to know more!
Subscribe Here for New Recipe's by Tarla Dalal & Sanjeev Kapoor.
http://www.youtube.com/user/masterche... Chef Tarla Dalal Explaining the cooking method of Khaman Dhokla ( Gujarati Recipe).
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1 1/2 tbsp semolina (rava)
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp citric acid (nimbu ka phool) or 1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2 tsp fruit salt
3 1/2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tsp chopped green chillies
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
2 to 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
For The Garnish:
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, citric acid and salt along with little water (approximately ¾ cup) in a bowl and mix well with the help of your hand to get a smooth and thick batter.
2. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
3. Add 1 tsp of fruit salt to a portion of the batter and mix gently.
4. Pour the batter immediately into a greased 125 mm. (5") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
5. Steam in a steamer for 12 to 15 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
6. Repeat the steps 3 to 5 to make one more thali of dhoklas.
7. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
8. When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds. Green chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
9. Remove from the flame and add 1½ tbsp of water and mix well.
10. Pour this tempering over the dhoklas.
11. Cool slightly and cut into equal sized pieces.
12. Serve hot garnished with coriander.