Ideally this drill should go something like this:
- engage target
- primary weapon is down (empty or malfunction)
- transition to your sidearm
- engage until threat is neutralized or you get to cover
- reholster sidearm
- reload your primary (or clear any malfunctions)
- engage target if necessary
Advanced options for this drill:
- let someone else fill your magazines with random amount of rounds
- use blank/dummy rounds for simulating malfunctions
- when reloading move to improvised cover
- fast holstering a sidearm is one of the most common reasons for negligent discharge!
- some holster designs or improper use can lead to an accident
- be careful, don't go over your capabilities and respect all safety rules at all time!
As a firearm owner/user you are responsible for yourself and people around you!
Stay safe and remember: Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast! :)
Can you help us make better videos?
Polenar Tactical Store: http://polenartactical.com/shop
Google+ : https://www.google.com/+PolenarTactical