Last year Adidas teamed up with Yohji Yamamoto (collection Y3), and this year they're keeping it fresh together with Nigo. Despite the fact that Nigo and A Bathing Ape for long have been copying Adidas for their own shoebrand Bapesta, they now get the chance to remix the original material and create the Adidas Super Bape Star. Limited edition: 500 per style worldwide.
Really Hard To Find
Sold Out 100% real
These past few years A Bathing Ape, an upcoming street fashion label has grown past the limits. Offering a very rare and desirable collection for the rich and famous. Everything from tshirts,jeans and jackets to thier famous Bapesta's. One of thier rarest projects was between Adidas, The very rare collections consisted of 3 pairs of shoes, all 3 where collaborations between A Bathing Ape and Adidas. In my opinion the most sought after pair, and the pair that has the most non-authentic replicas behind are the camoflauge super ape stars, This pair was limited to 500 pairs worldwide and sold out in minutes from the Busy Work Shops. Some of the fakes floating around ebay seem and look very convincing, they like the authentics have a box, packing paper, and all the laces at times, and both the key chain and factory tag. The easiest way to spot a fake is by the size, the Bathing ape adidas only come in US half sizes or UK whole sizes, for example US9.5 will be UK9. If you spot a US9/UK9.5, its a fake. Other ways to spot fakes are more complicated but can be easily spotted if you are aware of what to look for, this list will give you a better understanding.
1) The Ape keychain is on the LEFT shoe, attached with nylon fishing line.
2) There are only 2 pairs of laces, and usually with the white monogram one laced on the shoe.
3) The tongue has a slight variation in color, whether it be the leather tone or the print tone.Fakes usually have blue ape-head print instead of black.
4) The heel tab is overly large.
5) The paper wrapper is printed on glossy paper, the box camo print is not as clear.
This list above will help you spot out the bootlegs from the real deal. Now a list of the things to look for if the shoes are authentic.
1) The plain white lace is already laced onto the shoe when fresh out of the box
2) Total of 4 laces, including the additional 3 camo/monogram ones
3) Keychain is on the RIGHT shoe, with a metal Chain attached to the top lace hole
4) Tongue color is consistent
5) Heel tab is proportional
6) Tongue print should read "super ape star" and is black in color
7) Wrapper is sort of like tracing paper, semi-translucent
I hope this guide will help you when buying A Bathing Ape Superstar Adidas on eBay.
THANKS FORE LOOKING