Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 26, 2012
The latest UGENE 1.11 version is a major release that provides dozens of new features (major and minor), bug fixes and a set of usability and other improvements.
The major changes are:
* The Sequence View was extended with an options panel. It shows interactive information about a selected sequence region, allows you to easily set up the annotation types' properties (for example annotations' colors) and to search for a pattern in a sequence.
* You can now calculate a consensus sequence for assembly data in the Assembly Browser, using either a simple default algorithm or an algorithm from SAMtools. Also, it is now possible to highlight paired reads and SNP in assembly data. Another minor handy feature is the possibility to add bookmarks in the Assembly Browser.
* To create more sophisticated workflows in the Workflow Designer you can use new data flow elements Grouper and Multiplexer.
* An mRNA-to-genomic alignment program Spidey was embedded into UGENE as an external tool.
* UGENE 64-bit version is now available for Windows.