The latest UGENE 1.11 version is a major release that provides dozens of new
features (major and minor), bug fixes and a set of usability and other
The major changes are:
* The Sequence View was extended with an options panel. It shows
interactive information about a selected sequence region, allows you to
easily set up the annotation types' properties (for example annotations'
colors) and to search for a pattern in a sequence.
* You can now calculate a consensus sequence for assembly data in the
Assembly Browser, using either a simple default algorithm or an algorithm
from SAMtools. Also, it is now possible to highlight paired reads and SNP in
assembly data. Another minor handy feature is the possibility to add
bookmarks in the Assembly Browser.
* To create more sophisticated workflows in the Workflow Designer you can
use new data flow elements Grouper and Multiplexer.
* An mRNA-to-genomic alignment program Spidey was embedded into UGENE as an
* UGENE 64-bit version is now available for Windows.