[Part 1 of 3]
This movie was my Final project for my AP World History Class. The premise was that my group, currently named "Business o' Misery (Pending)," was an ambassador for the country of Spain. Although we were only required to create a Keynote/Powerpoint presentation, we decided to go all-out to make our mark in the class. Because of this, it is a combination of action, comedy, and education, so please bear with us.
Our group consists of Jason Buenaflor, James Macareg, Anwar Massis, and myself.
It was submitted Tuesday, June 2, 2009.
Citations are in the credits. In addition, we would like to cite Fallout 3 by Bethesda, Call of Duty 4 by Infinity Ward, "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria, Austin Powers by Jay Roach and New Line Cinema, "Misery Business" by Paramore, and Rayman by Ubisoft. All references belong to their rightful owners, and by no means belong to us. We, in no way, aim to infringe any copyrights.
iMovie 2009 was used to create this movie. Being my third movie (the second being "The Ultimate Choice," which I edited for my good friend Patrick Cruz [Youtube Channel "trickster888"]), I've developed a knack for utilizing the best of '09 to create this work. Although many limitations are apparent, one can vividly see the improvements over the year.
This Second Edition+ includes content that was not in the original work that was submitted, such as proper corrected audio (a problem cause by a bug in iMovie), more images during the monologues, a superior balance between speech and music, the addition of some subtitles, and minor tweaks in video length.
Please note that the themes we chose were simply used for theatrical purposes; they, in any way, are not meant to be taken as offensive.
We hope you enjoy it, because we surely did creating it!
Not that anyone cares, but here is the list of topics that we needed to hit up in our movie:
- Country Name
- Country Flag (image)
- Capital City - Political Leader
- Map of the Country (image)
- Bordering Countries
- Longitude and Latitude
- Population Size
- What is the Geography Like?
- Seasonal Climates
- Type of Government
- Income Per Capita
- Monetary Unit
- Major Imports
- Major Exports
- List Popular Travel Destinations
- List Major Tourist Attractions
- Exchange Rate for the U.S. Dollar
- Things to be careful of
- Favorite Dishes
- Popular Ingredients
- Image of Ethnic Dish
- What is the country known for? What does the country do well?
- What are the country's strengths and successes?
- What can the country do better?
- What are the country's challenges and struggles?
- How would you fix the problems facing the country?
- Do you seek outside help from other countries?
- What is the most interesting fact that your group learned about the country?