Save $$$ with Learn Pilates App: http://mhlo.co/qvbwyH
In this video, Mahalo Chef Eric Crowley shows you how to melt chocolate using a water bath.
What You'll Need
chips or bar (bittersweet, white or milk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILPnE1... * Knife (if using a hard-to-break bar of chocolate)
* Heat-proof spatula
* Bowl wider than the pot
1. If you bought a bar of chocolate, break or chop it down to
2. Make sure that the bowl is completely dry and put the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate on the bowl.
3. Let the bowl sit on the pot. Take note of how deep the bowl goes into the pot then remove the bowl.
4. Pour water into the pot, making sure the water level is
considerably far from the bottom of the bowl when it sits on the pot.
5. Let the bowl sit on the pot again. Start the heat and let the water come to a boil.
6. Observe the chocolate. Check it with a heat-proof spatula. When
it looks fully melted, turn off the heat.
7. Check the chocolate again with your spatula. Dissolve any lumps
of chocolate to create a smooth consistency.
Read more by visiting our page at: