♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area.
If you have a collection of disposable chopsticks, this is a great recipe to use them all up. hehe
Number of servings: 5
5 disposable chopsticks
1/2 tsp. Dashi powder
100g (3.5oz.) cake flour - I think you can use all purpose flour
100g (3.5oz.) shredded cabbage
* 2 tbsp. Tenkasu (crunchy bits of deep fried flour-batter)
* 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
* 2 tbsp. shredded cheese
* 1 tbsp. Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
* Okonomiyaki sauce
* Katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
* Aonori (green laver)
1. Mix Egg, Dashi powder, and water in a large bowl. Sift in cake flour and mix well.
2. Add shredded cabbage and A (optional) and mix well.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan. Spread 1 ladle of batter on the top half of the pan in an oval shape.
4. When the edges begin to dry, place a pair of chopsticks, roll the Okonomiyaki, and set aside. When you have made the other 4, put them back in the pan, cover, and cook on low for 5 minutes until done. Then cook the other side until golden brown.
5. Top with B and enjoy!
Instead of the cake flour & Dashi powder, you can use Okonomiyaki powder! It tastes much better in this way.
What is Cake Flour?
Up Kilkenny (Instrumental Version)
FYI (products I used in my videos):
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥