Hopefully this link works!
For those who can't download the house for some reason, I've removed the bullbrushes from the front of the house because they were from the Expansion Pack and uploaded it again.
Even though I reached the 1,000,000 total video views in between building House 27, I decided I'd save the occasion for something big, such as Announcement 2!!!
I've been hinting at Announcement 2 for a month or 2 now but finally it has been revealed!
Announcement 2 is a competition I'm holding for all you awesome people as a way to reverse the norm! Instead of you guys watching my build, I'm going to watch you guys build!!!
Okay, it's simple, go to the link, download the house to your game, place it in your neighbourhood, the lot is 40x40 so it shouldn't be too hard to find a place.
Then all you have to do is renovate!
Dig up the dead grass and place fresh nice green lawn, weed the brambles all over the place and plant beautiful bushes and shrubbery!
Uproot those creepy trees and plant towering oaks!
Reupholster the vanishing sofas!
Make the house beautiful and livable again!
Turn that nightmare in a dream!!!
Forms of entry are VIDEO RESPONSES on this video or the Slideshow. Your entry can either be a SLIDESHOW or BUILDING PROCESS and in the description of your video, please include the houses link to The Exchange for me to take a gander ingame!
Of course, there have to be rules that are to be abided by:
1) The cheats 'moveobjects on/off' and 'constrainfloorelevation true/false' are greatly recommended to be used. In the case of CFE, try NOT to make it too complex!
2) You are allowed to use any and all the objects and items in your game, preferably the Store items. I'm particular about the use of Custom Content from sites like TheSimsResource or where ever, try to keep those items at a minimum, however, I greatly suggest using the Store items please! =D
3) I'm inclined to favour modern houses over traditional so if it's possible to go modern PLEASE DO!
4) The roof is fair game to be changed to whatever you want it to be. Especially if you're building modern, use some CFE to make it great.
5) Regarding layout changes, I'm happy if you extend the walls or rooms a few squares if needed, I'd probably recommend it too, seeing as the house is quite small. You can also remove walls too. But changing the entire house to something totally different isn't allowed!
6) The rooms ARE NOT bound to where I placed them, not that you can really change it up but I'd love to see what you guys can muster! You don't even have to end up with the 3x Bedroom, 2x Bathroom that I used either! It's up to you how many you want!
7) Keep it professional! Entries that aren't serious will be removed and you may will be blocked if it's crude or offensive!
I'm sure there are more but for the moment that's it. I'll continue adding them as I think them up.
Tips on being a standout!
The majority of you would probably have watched most of my videos see you would have seen what I like and my preferences, such as colour or objects, use that knowledge to get my attention!
Things I like:
In terms of plants, I LOVE the fern, banana plant thing, and bamboo trees, have plenty of them and you'll do fine.
I love me some outdoor lighting so make it glow!
Colour schemes that are pleasing to the eye are a given and definitely something I'm looking for.
If you don't know what I like, go have a look at my previous Slideshows to get a grasp on what's going on in my mind!
I'll probably let this competition run for a few weeks to a month, and I'll need suggestions as to what the winner will receive as a prize, I was thinking the opportunity to do a tagteam with me but I'm open for ideas!
In the meantime, I'm going to start working on House 30, someone suggest to build a cliffside house so that's what I want to do, should be good.
All the best o f luck to everyone entering and do your best!!!!!
You know the drill!
Add me on Twitter, why not?
Becoming a fan of yours truly on Facebook: