AroundView® Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Sonar System
The Around View Monitor is a parking aid that provides views of your vehicle's position in relation to surrounding objects. There are cameras located in the center of the front grille, on the outside mirrors and above the rear license plate.
The Around View Monitor displays a combination of views with the ignition switch in the ON position.
• Bird's-eye View shows a top view all around your vehicle.
• Front-side View shows the area around and ahead of the passenger's side front wheel.
• Front-View shows the area directly in front of your vehicle.
• Front-Wide View shows a wider picture of the area directly in front of your vehicle.
• Rear View shows a picture of the area directly behind your rear bumper, and
• Rear-Wide View shows a wider picture of the area directly behind the vehicle.
Press the CAMERA button repeatedly to cycle through available view combinations or to return to the screen which was displayed before the CAMERA button was pressed.
With the ignition switch in the ON position and the shift lever in Park, Neutral, or drive position and the CAMERA button is pressed, the following views will be displayed in order:
• control panel screen
• a split screen of the Front-view and Bird's-eye View
• Front-View and Front side view and finally the
• Front-wide view.
When the transmission is shifted to REVERSE, the display monitor will display
a split screen of the Rear View and Bird's-eye View of your vehicle. If the camera button is pressed while in REVERSE the screen displays:
• Rear view and front side view,
• press CAMERA button again to see the Rear Wide view
• Press CAMERA button again to return to the Rear View and Bird's eye view.
When the transmission is shifted out of REVERSE, the display changes back to the original control panel screen.
The Front or Rear View monitor will display the approximate distance between an object and your vehicle with color lines.
• The second GREEN line designates an object is approximately 10 feet away.
• The first Green line designates an object is approximately 7 feet
• The YELLOW line designates an object is approximately 3 feet.
• The RED line designates an object approximately 1.5 feet
When the steering wheel is turned, predictive course lines are also displayed on the screen. These lines show the approximate path the vehicle will take. The predictive course lines move in conjunction with how far the steering wheel is turned.
The Moving Object Detection (MOD) operates only with the Around View Monitor activated. The MOD system can help inform the driver of moving objects surrounding the vehicle when driving out of parking structures, garages, or maneuvering in parking lots.
When the shift selector is in the drive position and the vehicle speed is below approximately 5 MPH, the MOD system detects moving objects in the Front-View or the Front-Wide view. With the shift selector in the REVERSE position and the vehicle speed is below approximately 5 MPH, the MOD system detects moving objects in the Rear-View or the Rear-Wide view.
A blue MOD icon is displayed on the screen when the MOD system is operative and a gray MOD icon is displayed when the MOD system is not operative.
If the MOD system detects a moving object near the vehicle, a yellow frame will be displayed on the information display screen and a chime sounds intermittently. While the MOD system continues to detect moving objects, the yellow frame continues to be displayed.
The MOD system will not operate if any door or the liftgate is open.
There are some areas in which the Around View Monitor is unable to display objects such as, an object below the bumper or on the ground. The Around View Monitor and MOD system is a convenience. These features are not a substitute for proper backing and driving procedures. For more detailed information, please see your Owner's Manual.