On Friday, May 25, 2018, at 3 p.m., in the Media Gallery of Toronto Police Service Headquarters, Detective Sergeant Gary Giroux, of Homicide, will update on the media on the investigation into the murder of Jaiden Jackson, 28.
Security video of the incident will be shown.
Homicide #31/2018, Wellington Street West and Yonge Street, Jaiden Jackson, 28
On Sunday, May 20, 2018, at 9 p.m., officers received a call for the Sounds of Gunshots in the Yonge Street and Wellington Street West area.
It is reported that:
- a man was at Pick 6, a restaurant and bar located on the southeast corner of Yonge Street and Wellington Street West
- he left the bar in the company of an unidentified woman wearing a pink or orange dress,
- they walked westbound on the north side of Wellington Street West towards the man’s car
- a car drove south from Melinda Street and made a left turn, proceeding eastbound on Wellington Street West in the wrong direction
- it made a quick u-turn and drove towards the man and woman
- two suspects got out of a black four-door Honda Civic with a sunroof, each were armed with a firearm and started to shoot at the man
- the man ran down the underground parking ramp of 18 Wellington Street West and the two suspects and the driver of the Civic chased him
- numerous shots were fired at the man by the three suspects
- the suspects then got back in the car, reversed up the ramp onto Wellington Street West and proceeded in a westbound direction and turned south onto Bay Street
- the man was taken to hospital and was pronounced dead a short time later
He has been identified as Jaiden Jackson, 28, of Toronto.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.