Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 26, 2011
A collection of moving images produced on 16mm film to honor Leila Post Montgomery (widow of C.W. Post of Post Cereal) who donated property and construction for Leila Hospital in Battle Creek in the 1920s. By the late 30s, she was a resident there as well, living on site until her death in 1940. This color footage shows the original hospital grounds and buildings - all now demolished - and its nursing school, along with footage of Battle Creek in 1940 (a non-tree lined North Avenue and Oak Hill Cemetery).