Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on 26 Oct 2007
After GM goons confiscated Bob's beloved EV1 oil-free plug-in car, Bob decided to build an even better one, using the AC-150, the successor drivetrain to the EV1's pioneering inductive 3-phase brushless motor-controller.
The original Thundersky LiCo batteries had a failure rate of 20%; the other 80% are working properly, but Thundersky refuses to honor any warranty and has not replaced the bad cells.
Forced to find other cells, Bob contacted Peak Lithium, which has LiFeP chemistry (3.2v), a step on the way to LiFePTi (2.3v).
How much better to have access to Nickel Metal Hydride non-toxic batteries; but Chevron refuses to release them to individual converters or to small manufacturers, claiming that no order is "large enough". But prior to Chevron's 2002 lawsuit, Toyota had a functioning NiMH production line, churning out quantities of inexpensive, long-lasting NiMH batteries still working in the Toyota RAV4-EV pictured in the driveway.