TO WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY CLICK 480P ON RIGHT SIDE.Do you remember how "on fire" you were when you first met the Lord? O the zeal, the passion, the burning desire for the holy things of God. You were so hungry for God's Word, so thirsty for His Presence. You couldn't get enough of God and the fellowship of true believers. O how you rejoiced and praised Him with tears of gratitude! O how thankful you were for a renewed heart and sins forgiven. You freely shared the Gospel with the lost.
We all had that zeal from Heaven in our hearts, but where are we today? Have we left our first love? Do we neglect His Word? Do we worship Him with holy awe and wonder? For many they have lost that passion and now are luke warm. We are not making an impact on a spiritually destitute world. We all need to rekindle the passion of our first love for the Lord. We must wake up and repent of our compromise and lukewarmness. We need the Holy Spirit to once again set us on fire with godly zeal that will touch the world around us. We need a personal revival now! We need to be revived by His Word! You'll only revive the burning power of Christ on your life by responding to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and by anchoring your daily life in the disciplines of worship, prayer, feeding on the Word of God, and witnessing. God wants us to completely dedicate our lives to Him, the One who is awesome and holy and worthy of such dedication with no room for compromise. Sin will kill our desire for God! Compromise will smother our zeal and put out that holy fire we once had for Jesus. WHERE ARE YOU TODAY IN YOUR WALK WITH GOD?
Scriptures to Study:
1. Ps. 85:6 "Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You.?"
2. Ps. 84:2 "My soul longs, yes even faints, for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
3. Ps. 119:139 "My zeal has consumed me, because my enemies have forgotten Your words."
4. Zach. 8:2 "Thus says the Lord of hosts: I am zealous for Zion with a great zeal. With great fervor I am zealous for her."
5. John 2:17 "Zeal for Your house has eaten me up."
6. Romans 12:11 "Not lagging in zeal, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."
7. Luke 24:32 "Did not our hearts burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?"
8. Titus 2:14 "Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."
9. Heb. 12:28-29 "Let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire."
10. Mal. 3:4 "He will sit as a refiner and a purfier of silver. He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord an offering of righteousness."
11. Lev. 6:12 "And the fire on the alter shall be kept burning on it; it shall not be put out."
12. Ex. 3:2 "And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed."
13. Rev. 3:16,19 "So then, because you are luke warm and neither cold nor hot I will vomit you out of My mouth. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."
J.C. Ryle - A zealous believer lives for the glory of God. Jesus was full of zeal. We should be zealous to be holy. We should be zealous for the salvation of the lost. We should be zealous in opposing everything God hates. I have something to say to those who say they are Christians, but they do not show Christian zeal. There is something seriously wrong with you. I call on you to repent. Think of the devil and his zeal to do you harm. Think of the Savior and all His zeal for you. What are you doing for Him? O awake! Be zealous and repent!
John Wesley - Be on fire for God and people will come to watch you burn!!
A.W. Tozer - Christians are called to be burning bushes. They are called to be people in whom the beautifying fire of God dwells.
Jim Elliot -" God, I pray Thee, light the idle sticks of my life and may I burn for Thee. Consume my life for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one like You Lord Jesus."SOME GREAT OLD HYMNS TO SING AND READ! 1.My faith looks up to thee 2.Search me,O God 3.Burn in me,Fire of God.4.Breathe on Me 5.Breathe on me,Breath of God.6.Holy Ghost,with light Divine.6. Nothing between my soul and my Savior.THESE ARE HYMNS TO SING AND MEDITATE ON.GET AN OLD HYMN BOOK IF YOU CAN,SOME HAVE ALOT OF GREAT SONGS YOU CAN READ OR SING IN YOUR DEVOTIONS.