Gita Mahatmaya is the Glory of the Gita written by Sripad Shankaracharya and is chanted after recitation of the Gita
gita shastram idam punyam
yah pateth prayatah puman
vishnoh padam avapnoti
bhaya-shokadi varjitah (Gita-mahatmya 1)
(1) He who studies this Gita scripture with humility is freed from fear and misery and attains the feet of Lord Vishnu.
naiva santi he paapani
purva janme kritani cha (Gita-mahatmya 2)
(2) That person who is in the habit of reading the Gita and who is also devoted to practising pranayama (breathing exercises) is not touched by sins, even those done in his previous birth.
mala nirmochanam pumsam
jala snanam dine dine
sakrid gitambhaasi snanam
samsara mala nashanam (Gita-mahatmya 3)
(3) Human beings must bathe in water every day to get rid of the dirt (of the body), but bathing in the water of the Gita once is enough to get rid of the dirt of this samsara (cycle of birth and death).
gita sugita kartavya
kim anyaih shastra vistaraih
ya svyam padama nabhaayasa
mukha padmad vinih srita (Gita-mahatmya 4)
(4) This Gita which has come out of the lotus-like face of the Lord (He who has the lotus in His navel) and which is so melodious, should be studied. There is no need to study any other scriptures in detail.
bharat amrita sarvasam
vishnor vaktrad vini sritam
gita gangodakam pitva
punar janma na vidyate (Gita-mahatmya 5)
(5) After drinking the water of the Gita which is the nectar of the entire Bharata (the epic Mahabharata) and which has come out of the mouth of Vishnu, there is no more birth (in this world).
sarvo panishado gavo
dogdha gopala nandanah
partho vatsah sudhir bhokta
dugdham gita amritam mahat (Gita-mahatmya 6)
(6) All the Upanishads are the cows, the one who milks the cows is Krishna, Arjuna (Partha) is the calf.
Men of purified intellect are the enjoyers; the milk is the great nectar of the Gita.The only scripture is the song of the son of Devaki. The only deity is the son of Devaki.
The only mantra is His Names. The only action is the service of That Deity.
ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam
eko devo devaki-putra eva
eko mantras tasya namani yani
karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva (Gita-mahatmya 7)
(7) In this present day, man ispeople are very eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation.
SoTherefore, ekam sastram devaki-putra-gitam: let there beone scripture only,one common scripture,
for the whole world—Bhagavad-gita. And Eko devo devaki-putra eva: let there be one God only for the whole world
—Sri Krsna. Eko mantras tasya namani: And one hymn, one mantra, one prayer only—the chanting of His name:
Om Namo Bhagwate vasudevaya- Karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva: And let there be one work only—
the service of the Supreme Personality of Lord Shri Krishna
Parampoojya Leelavati Karve (1934-2003) was a devotee & Messenger of Lord Krishna ,throughout
her life she expounded lord krishna's teachings and messages to his beloved devotees most important of which
was the advise to chant the Mantra "Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya" and "Om Mahaan Shakti devataya Namaha".
In accordance with Lord Krishna's directives ,she travelled all over India and the world and performed rituals and meditation.
She also led the establishment of the Vishwajanini (Nava Durga) temples and Krishna kendra centers around the world
for maintaining peace , harmony and spread spirituality around the world.
For more information ,please go to www.krishnaleela.org .