This interview is from May 2nd, 2011.
Hello, I am a senior High School student who was given the chance to interview Gabe Newell of Valve Software. Enjoy.
Here is the list of questions I asked (not always in order):
1. What is Valve up to these days?
2. With the addition of STEAM to the PSN is Valve planning on shifting development focus to consoles or are you going to remain developing games primarily for the PC?
3. How does Valve plan on differentiating the game from the very popular "League of Legends"?
4. How does micro transactions affect the future of Valve's business model?
5. Do you still plan on making single player games? (dispelling a rumor)
6. Do you ever get a chance to play games for fun anymore? If so, what games are you playing?
7. Do you plan on deviating from SOURCE or do you plan on indefinitely updating the current engine?
8. What games in the last decade do you believe have improved the gaming industry?
9. Will Chell from Portal and Gordon Freeman from HL be meeting?
10. Why are some of your most famous protagonists silent? How do you feel this affects the games as a whole?
11. What advice would you give to somebody aspiring to get into the gaming industry?
12. I read that you collect knives. How many knives do you own? What do you like about them?
13. What was your favorite game to work on?