YouTube home #YouTubeRewind


Treimseh Military Operation Aftermath





Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jul 15, 2012

UN Observers returned to the village of Treimseh, Sunday (July 15), to gather more information on the military operation of July 12.
The integrated patrol, comprised of specialized civilian and military experts, observed over 50 houses that were burned and/or destroyed. Pools of blood and brain matter were observed in a number of homes.
The consistent account relayed by 27 local villagers, interviewed by the UN Team, indicates that the attack commenced at 5am Thursday morning on July 12. It began with the shelling of the village followed by ground operations. According to those interviewed, the army was conducting house to house searches asking for men and their ID cards. They alleged that after checking their identification, numerous were killed. Other men were taken out of the village.
On the basis of some of the destruction observed in the town and the witness accounts, the attack appears targeted at army defectors and activists.
UN Observers also confirmed the use of direct and indirect weapons, including artillery, mortars and small arms. A Free Syrian Army leader, Saleh al-Subaai, was confirmed shot dead. A doctor and his children were killed when a mortar shell hit their home.

The number of casualties is still unclear. The UN Supervision Mission in Syria is trying to seek further verification.
The UN Supervision Mission in Syria calls on the Government to cease the use of heavy weapons in population centres and take all necessary measures to reduce civilian casualties. UNSMIS urges the Parties to end the violence and pursue a peaceful Syrian-led transition that truly meets the legitimate aspirations of the Syrian people.

The Head of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria, Major General Robert Mood, announced on Friday, in a press conference, that the UN Mission stands ready to send its Observers to Treimseh, despite the Mission's suspension of activities, if and when there is a ceasefire.
UNSMIS received information that a ceasefire was in place on Friday and immediately conducted a reconnaissance patrol in the area to assess access to the village and establish contacts with local Parties.
An 11 vehicle integrated patrol, comprised of specialized military and civilian observers, arrived in Treimseh, 25km north-west of the city of Hama, on Saturday on their first mission to ascertain the facts on the ground.


When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...