why I am uploading this video? Because of this conversation that transpired between me and Moyhead99:
moyhead99 wrote "get the sims 3!"
I wrote "I have The Sims 3, thank you, and I'm finding it way shittier than The Sims 2. Everything is easier, from wish fullfilling, to skill building, every expansion pack features less, it's done lousily and the only reason why I didn't throw it away is because of the open neighborhood. I could make you a 15 minute video just stating how The Sims 3 is worse."
moyhead99 wrote "then do it! :)"
So I'm doing it.
I did quite a bit of research, so I know that my reasons are good. If you do not think this, you can check everything for yourself. So my reasons are:
1. It's abnormally large in size.
The Sims 2 and 15 expansion/ stuff packs take up 13.4 GB on my computer. The Sims 3 and Late Night expansion takes up 8.53 GB.
2. The Sims 3 vanilla version doesn't have much in it.
Comparison in haircuts:
The Sims 2 vanilla version has 5 male toddler, 5 female toddler, 14 male child, 17 female child, 45 male teen, 57 female teen, 51 male adult, 60 female adult, 51 male elder, 60 female elder haircuts.
The Sims 3 vanilla version has 5 male toddler, 6 female toddler, 8 male child, 9 female child, 27 male teen, 43 female teen, 30 male young adult and adult, 49 female adult and young adult, 30 male elder, 49 female elder haircuts.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 5 toddler clothing pieces less.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 137 child clothing pieces less.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 273 teen clothing pieces less.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 339 young adult/ adult clothing pieces less.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 124 elder clothing pieces less.
The Sims 3 base game in total has 878 clothing pieces less.
3. It's too expensive. I checked prices on the official EA store "Origin", EA are know for not lowering their game prices so they might be exactly the same prices that they where when these games where originally released.
The Sims 2 costs 19.99€, The Sims 3 costs 39,99€. Expansion packs for The Sims 3 cost almost as much as the base game.
4. Requirements to run The Sims 3 do change after updates. If you owned a normal computer and bought The Sims 3 in 2008, after all of the updates by now it might not work, because your computer doesn't have high enough specs to run it.
5. Content leaks during the updates. I do not know how about you, but if I'm getting only 80% of advertised content when I'm buying the game and the other 20% is free for everyone and comes with an update, I would wish to pay only 80% of the price. Also I might not buy and expansion pack because I do not want a particular small modification it brings to The Sims 3 and yet after the update that modification still leaks to my game.
6. No tool that would allow you to modify and create meshes for different haircuts and clothing.
7. The expansion packs and The Sims 3 is done half lazily. One of the examples: only 2 floors of a skyscraper are working, everything what's in between is just a decoration while in The Sims 2 all of the floors in skyscrapers where working.
8. "Cheating" is allowed in the game. I'm not talking about the open up a console and type in a cheat thing. I'm talking about "if in this simulation you will have to struggle with a life phase, just set it to 1 day or buy a birthday cake"
9. Too easy. Needs drop way too slow and if you will happen to play with a Late Night vampire you will be bored out of your mind due to the fact that it literally takes them 1 second to gain a skill point.
10. Connects to Facebook. Even though it's optional the fact that popping up memories suggests me to do that every 2 seconds really annoys me.
11. The game has a store. When the store first came out in The Sims 2 it was all well and fine since all it did was allow you to buy exclusive content of expansion packs (such as hair and clothing) seperately without buying the expansion pack itself. And yet by now it's a large store of items that most likely where just cut out from the base game and expansions to sell and earn more money. Also:
1000 sim points cost 10€ and can buy you 10 haircuts. In The Sims 2 a stuff pack used to cost 10€ and add at least 30 or 40 things.
12. It's almost impossible to modify game files. The Sims 2 had it so it would be hard, but it wasn't impossible.
13. Change you made in the neighborhood doesn't stick if you start playing with a different save. The only way to modify an existing neighborhood for good (lets say you wanted to have expansion pack career options in Sunset Valley, so you needed to plop down a building for it) is trough The Sims 3 World Creator which is really annoying.
To read a further rant that I wrote: