Loading...

Parker Hannifin Hall

595 views

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Aug 25, 2011

Cleveland's Euclid Avenue was once known as the most beautiful street in America. In the late 1800s to the early 1900s it was also known as Millionaire's Row, because some of the richest and influential people in the country resided here. Parker Hannifin Hall is one of the last surviving Millionaires' Row mansions. Before Cleveland State's recent renovation, it was called Howe Mansion. The late 19th-century mansion belonged to businessman and police commissioner George W. Howe. A few years after he died in 1901, the Gage Gallery of Fine Arts made the house a beehive of activity in the fine arts world. George Gage served as the buying agent for many wealthy Clevelanders who later donated art works to the Cleveland Museum of Art. The mansion today is a small reminder of a bygone time when ornate palaces stood on both sides of Euclid Avenue as far as the eye could see.

Loading...

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...